As I mentioned yesterday, my husband and I headed to Hellerup for a little date, which is just on the outskirts of Greater Copenhagen’s city limits (but a quick ride on the S train if you are not up to driving or cycling.)
We had to pop into one of my very favorite shops, Stol & Stage, because it is a wonderful place to do a little Christmas shopping in Copenhagen. They have some of the most beautiful things for the home and sell a variety of brands, including one of my favorites, Tine K Home, plus a mix of blankets, antlers, and ornaments at Christmas time that could make even the strongest go weak at the knees. Here is a little peek at Stol & Stage, a shop I highly recommend if you are out and about in Copenhagen.
Did you see anything you would want to pop in and buy? I was on my best behavior, but since my husband demanded some Christmas gift ideas, I pointed a a few things that I liked. Since I have a thing for pillows, there were quite a few that I would love to have.
Stol & Stage: Strandvejen 92, 2900 Hellerup
Photography: Tina Fussell
There is a small chance that my husband and I have been affected by blogging. I am certain that prior to this wonderful technology neither of us thought to bring the camera on a date. But here we are, with more than fourteen years of marriage under our belts and three kids at home, getting a rare outing, just the two of us… and the camera is tagging along for the ride. We actually enjoy these quiet moments together when we can really focus on ourselves and without the kids feeling bored or the littlest running around we have the time to try things, scout out a new neighborhood, and just relax together. I guess that is how creatives date. In the back of my mind I do wonder every now and then though… If the camera were to stay home would I be in sweats and a tee?
No. No. I’m certain that this is exactly how I would be dressed because I have always been the type of girl to love feeling sexy in my own skin and splurging every now and then on a new lipstick.
I just believe that life is worth getting dressed for.
What about you? Do you love having an excuse to get dressed? Here is a little more from our morning out together, shot in Hellerup, the posh and elegant town where Oprah came for her visit to Copenhagen.
Wearing: Coat: Noa Noa, Sweater: Oysho, Lace Top: Vila, similar: here, Black Pants: Saint Tropez, Leopard Bootie: Madden Girl, Suede Bow Clutch: Mango, Scarf: ? White Stuff, Earrings: Message, Flower Bracelet: gift Beaded Bracelets: H&M Lipstick: Viva Glam IV by MAC
Photography: Jack Fussell
Now that my daughter is nearly a teen I have noticed that many of the things on her wish list are things that I would love to have as well. I always dreaded these days when her little chubby baby cheeks disappeared along with her raspy lisp, but I am realizing that it is actually quite fun to have a partner in crime. We shopped together for this Holiday Wish List for Tweens and Teens, so they are tween approved… and mom approved as well!
It can be hard to find ideas for this age other than a One Direction CD or an iTunes Gift Card, though I’m sure those would be well received, but I hope this list can help you as well as you shop for the tweens and teens in your life.
1. Daisy Eau de Toilette by Marc Jacobs
2.White UrbanEars Headphones for her iPod
3. Floral Notebooks from Rifle Paper Co.
4. Pink Belted Cardigan by Gap
5. Good Morning Beautiful Pillow from Zana Products
6. Mossimo Supply Co’s Mustache Bag from Target
7. All Hail the Queen Nail polish by Butter London
8. Bear Tape Dispenser from Cute Tape
9. Sweatshirt in Wine or Beige from H&M
10. Love Necklace from Etsy
11. Rhinestone & Fuzzy Hat from American Eagle
12. Black Pleather Bum Bag from Pieces
13. Tower Block Paper from Hay
14. Pink Wire Basket by Ferm Living
15. Sparkling Sequins Lip Gloss from Bath & Body Works
16. Grey Knitted Snood by Zara
17. Black Ankle Boot from Old Navy
“We can change the world and make it a better place.” What a lovely and inspiring quote from Nelson Mandela, a man who we all know dedicated his life to doing just that.
What better time than the holidays is there to reach out and make the world a better place? With more and more companies sharing a passion for helping others through their businesses, it is a pleasure to give gifts that make a difference and bring joy to the recipient.
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. A One of a Kindness Glass from Glassybaby: An incredibly inspiring company that has already given over $1.5 million dollars to healing.
2. Light up the Sky and the world around you with this necklace from Dogeared.: Purchase through Sevenly this week and $7 of your purchase will go to Operation Christmas Child.
3. These Gorgeous Bali Beaded Earrings from Gifts with a Cause: A Fair Trade Organization dedicated to supported local artisans and helping create sustainable income for them.
4. A Stunning Tube Necklace, handmade in Ethiopia for Invisible Children: An organization focused on protecting and rehabilitating children abducted and affected by the war in Central Africa.
5. This Adorable Sweatshirt from Threads for Thoughts: Their products are focused on creating a sustainable lifestyle and giving back.
6. A Beautiful Handwoven Basket from Muun: A Company that partners with local African women to create a sustainable work environment while preserving their local hand craft.
7. These Sweet and Practical Luggage Tags from Rume: An environmentally conscious company that raises awareness for sustainability and a better community.
8. A Convertible Tote and Backpack from Stone and Cloth: Every purchase helps provide scholarships for students in need.
9. Choose from a Collection of Warm Scarves from Mela Artisans: Founded on a belief in fostering local entrepreneurship while preserving designs and techniques passed down from generation to generation.
“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” Nelson Mandela