When I was little my Dad always bought us a box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day. Maybe that doesn’t sound all that exciting, but as a kid it meant the world to me that my Dad, who generally avoided all shopping experiences other than the electronics store, went and purchased each of us our very own box of chocolates. Even after the chocolates were eaten, I saved the box because not only did it remind me of how much my Dad loved me, it also was a great little place to store little trinkets and treasures. It’s a tradition that I love to keep with my own kids!
This year I thought it would be a fun little touch to cover the tops of the kids’ chocolate boxes, which is super simple.
1. Trace the outside of the box on the patterned paper of your choice.
2. Draw a second line around each side 1 1/2 inches from the first line.
3. Trim around the outer line.
4. Draw a line straight up from each corner and trim just to the inner line so the corners can be folded.
5. Add super sticky tape to the inside flaps.
6. Fold the sides up to seal.
What about you? What was the best Valentine’s gift you ever received?
PS Our random winner for the Tom’s giveaway is Abby from Canada! Congrats and thanks to everyone who played along!