A little behind-the-scenes peek of Hailey’s special day… Turning twelve…
Did you notice that the girls are wearing handmade crowns in the video? I wanted to create some special head pieces for the girls to wear at my daughter’s birthday party. I spent days daydreaming about the possible materials and ended up with two ideas. Both are super simple to make and can be customized for any age… even mom can wear one!
For the gold crown:
1. Punch out paper flowers. (I also grabbed a chipboard butterfly!)
2. Glued the flowers and other embellishments to a plain headband.
3. Spray paint with color of your choice! (I went with gold!)
I sat one night for about thirty minutes and created this beaded crown!
1. Bead your choice of beads onto a medium gauge jewelry wire. (Mine is about 26″ long).
2. Form into crown shape by simply twisting and bending into the desired shape.
3. Cut the end of your wire and twist the ends together to seal. I also crimped mine to make sure there were no sharp edges.
Wear and Enjoy!
This week you could also find me here:
Babiekins Blog: London with Kids: Top 5 Things to See & Do
A Subtle Revelry: Make your Own Microwave Popcorn- Really!