While we as adults may have a list of favorites and must-see’s when we visit Paris, our kids have their own Top Ten Things To Do in Paris. Paris is busy and bustling and can be pretty intimidating for young travelers, especially if parents try to squeeze in too many things during their visit.
We recommend slowing down, reducing your expectations, and allowing the kids to help choose how the family spends some of the time so there may be a veto or two for another museum, but we have found that allowing them to have a say makes them more willing when we tell them that it is our turn to choose. Plus, we are all more relaxed and make the best memories as a family!
Here is our Kid’s Top Ten Things to Do in Paris::
1. Eat a crepe under the Eiffel Tower. The more the Nutella, the better!
2. Sit and spot their favorite cars and/or vespas while munching on a Warm baguette with butter, ham, and cheese.
3. See the View from the Top of Sacre Coeur… even if there are a lot of stairs to climb.
4. Visit Shakespeare and Company. The children’s section is a divine little nook perfect for cuddles and reading.
5. Sail the Remote Control Boats in the Tuileries Gardens.
6. Stop at random playgrounds and parks. Our kids love doing something so normal with other French kids.
7. Ride the Metro. (We always talk about the maps and the schedules so they can help direct us.)
8. Ride the Carousel near the Eiffel Tower. It’s a little expected, but don’t tell the kids because they love it!
9. Eat a Pain au Chocolat in a cozy cafe while Mom and Dad enjoy a leisurely coffee
10. Go to Laduree and choose any kind of macaron they want.
Have you traveled to Paris with kids? What were their favorite things to do in Paris?